Monday, April 5, 2010

The Panhandle's Biggest Flea Market?

I was asked by a reader to post a notice about Western Nebraska's Treasure Trek, scheduled for June 11-12. I don't know much about it, but you can find out more by clicking here: Treasure Trek.

From what I gather, it's a block party/garage sale that just happens to extend over half the state. Some highlights from the above link:

The next committee meeting will be at 1 p.m. April 11 at the Alliance Chamber of Commerce, 111 W. Third St. The public is welcome to attend and offer suggestions.

And here's the pitch:

Reasons to hold Treasure Trek

◦Sell antiques, collectibles, crafts
◦Promote local business
◦Promote profit for Western Nebraska
◦Promote community involvement
◦Promote tourism

Reasons to attend Treasure Trek

◦Discover treasures at garage sales and flea markets
◦Enjoy Western Nebraska´s sites, such as Chimney Rock, Fort Robinson, Carhenge
◦Learn about the area's historical buildings, parks, museums


If you have taken part in past Treasure Treks and have anything to share, please post what you know under comments. Better yet, send me photos.

1 comment:

  1. I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 42 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Pedro to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When I contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loans such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email  pedroloanss@gmail.com 
    Whatsapp Number: +1 8632310632

    ReplyDelete